Access Statement for Broomfield Cottage
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Broomfield Cottage is the perfect haven for those who want a romantic self catering cottage set within the grounds of Broomfield House. It comfortably sleeps 2/4 people having a large kingsize bedroom upstairs and a double sofabed downstairs. There are two bathrooms one downstairs which is a shower room with a small step to get into it. The bathroom upstairs has a double ended jacuzzi bath. The cottage has been fully refurbished to the highest standard. For more information contact us via our website www.broomfieldcottage.com or phone 07850 277450
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07850 277450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full directions are on the website www.broomfieldcottage.com or alternatively AA route planner will give you door to door directions. Our post code is HD8 8UT
- The nearest train station is a mile away which is Denby Dale. If you require a taxi then it is best to contact New Mill taxis in advance[ see contact information ]
- The nearest bus stop is at the end of Bank Lane and doesn't have a seat or shelter. The number 83/84 goes every hour into Huddersfield for all bus times visit visit Huddersfield bus company
- The road to the bus stop is narrow in places and uneven
- The nearest Shopmobility is White Rose Centre 11.8miles away
- The nearest shops are in Denby Dale village which is approximately 2 miles away. The approach is down a steep hill or by uneven footpaths
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key can be collected from the owner’s property, which is next door. Usually there will be someone to meet you at the cottage.
- Parking is available for 2 cars in a small courtyard area which is directly outside the cottage There are two steps into the entrance of the cottage.
- The parking area has a tarmac surface with a paved walkway leading to the cottage.
- This area is well lit at night by motion sensor lights
Entrance to Property
- The front door is 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- There are 2 steps to the front door .
- The entrance is well lit by downlit spotlights.
- The floor covering inside the entrance is pocelain tiles
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The hall, stairs and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- Passageways are 800mm/31.5ins wide.
- The floor covering is short pile carpet with oak floor in the hall.
- The staircase to the first floor has 14 steps. Being the original cottage staircase, it is quite steep but there is a handrail on one side
- The staircase turns back on itself and has 5 steps up to the first landing and the the remaining 9 steps up to the first floor
- The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the kitchen and double patio doors from the lounge.
- The door opening to the lounge is 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with non-feather cushions the seating does not have high chairs with arms. There is a low level coffee table.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and a DVD player.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- The flooring is oak
- The dining table (moveable side to side) has legs on each corner, 650mm/25.5ins from floor to lowest point of table (underspace) and is 800mm/31.5ins high.
- There is free space around the table.
- Chairs (all moveable) – 6 chairs with padded seats that have no arms.
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting
- The dining table is in the lounge area and has the same access as the living room
- The floor is oak
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access from the utility and lounge.
- The door openings to the kitchen from both the lounge and the utility room are 750mm/29.5ins wide.The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 950mm/37.4ins above the floor.
- The hob is 930mm/36.6ins above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are 930mm/36.6ins above the floor.
- Fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 870mm/34.25ins and lowest drawer in freezer 950mm/37.4ins.
- Table provided - 750mm/29.5ins from floor to lowest point of table[underspace] 33.6ins high and 4 upright chairs with no arms or cushions
- Glass and crockery can be moved to lower cupboards if required
- Cutlery and utensils of ordinary size and cordless kettle rotating 360
- The kitchen is well lit with halogen spotlights throughout and above work surfaes
- The floor has porcelain tiles
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There is a large kingsize bedroom on the first floor which is accessible by stairs only
- The double sofabed is on the ground floor in the lounge and access is via the double patio doors in the lounge or via the kitchen
- The height of the bed from the floor to mattress is 19inches
- The lighting is natural daylight with bedside lamps provided
- The flooring is natural oak
- The bedding is hypo-allergenic.The bedroom offers good contrast between the floor, walls and doors,widescreen digital TV with remote in lounge and main bedroom
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Only the upstiars bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, which has the following
- Step free, level access.
- Door opening 800mm/31.5ins wide.
- A double ended jacuzzi bath height.
- Toilet 400mm/15.7ins high.
- Wash basin 800mm/31.5ins high.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- The floor is tiled with a bath mat
- Spotlights light both bathrooms
- The downstairs bathroom has step free level access from the kitchen
- There is a shower cubicle with a small step into it of 9 inches. There is no shower seat
- Toilet 400mm/15.7ins
- Wash basin 860mm/34inches high
- Tiled flooring with bathmat
- The utility room is accessed via one step down from the entrance door.
- The door opening is 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- There is a standard size washer/drier which is front loading.
- The room is lit by a single ceiling light.
- Flooring is porcelain tiles
- Lighting is spotlights
- We have a paved patio area which can be accessed from the lounge by one step and the kitchen one step. Plastic table & chairs and a bbq are available on the patio.
- The paved area is 30ftx10ft.
- All areas in the cottage have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls.
- The mobile phone reception can be poor.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 10 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 1 mile away. Further information is in the welcome folder.
- There is also a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access Statements for information, where available
|Address (Inc postcode):
||Broomfield Cottage Bank Lane Upper Denby Huddersfield HD8 8UT
|Hours Of Operation:
|Local Equipment Hire:
||Shopmobility White Rose Centre 0113 229 1234 Distance 11.6 miles
|Local Accessible Taxi:
||New Mill Taxis 01484 683500
|Local Public Transport:
||Number 83 and 84 bus at the end of Bank Lane usually hourly Trains direct to Sheffield and Huddersfield from Denby Dale [2 miles away] usually hourly